This is the menu from my "Housekeeping" folder.
1. CCleaner to get rid of temporary files and all the little files(cookies) that are put on when ever you go on the Internet.
(Microsoft has a similar app built-in to Windows 10 called Disk Cleanup - but I prefer CCleaner)
CCleaner can also clean up the Registry as well
1a. I sometimes run Eusing Cleaner as well, because it can pick up what CCleaner misses.
2. I run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware to get rid of any little malware nasties that come in sometimes with mail or downloads.
They both do the same sort of job, but one sometimes picks up what the other misses.
3. Then comes PatchMyPC, which updates any installed programs that need to be updated.
4. Then Driver Booster, which updates any drivers that need it.
5. Then I make sure the Windows Updates are downloaded and installed. I have the computer set to update Windows automatically, but sometimes it misses one.
That's it. I learned this from one of the computer club gurus. He's great at getting sick computers well, and says that by the time he has run these apps, many of the PCs are running well again. It takes a bit of time, specially if you have more that one computer, as I have - but it's worth it to keep them running smoothly and fast.
I do all of the above about once a month, but I usually run CCleaner once a week. I have to, because I have an SSD C drive which is relatively small and can't afford to get it clogged up with junk.
No comments:
Post a Comment