Friday, October 23, 2015

Creator's Choice


Not the usual Creator’s choice today.  Just a little tut to try to get rid of your apparent fear of gradients.
 
I have said quite a few times what fun it is to play with gradients – and it’s not difficult.  Just use the “What if????” method as Karen calls it.
I was doodling around with a gradient this morning and actually wrote down what I did!!! (LOL)
This is what I made.....
and this is how I did it ......
  1. New image 600 x 600
  2. Find or make a linear gradient using just 2 shades of a color (you can graduate to multi colors later)
  3. Give the gradient about 7 repeats to make it look like this – symmetrical 
    4.    Fill your image with gradient
       5.    Go to Distortion effects/Punch  - setting 100
       6.    Go to Geometric effects/Spherize – default setting
       7.    Go to Geometric/circle – wrap
       8.    Go to Distortion effects/Polar co-ordinates.
    And there is your manipulated gradient, ready for you to add what you want.
    Once you’ve tried this – then next time try altering the settings and see what it does.  Try other distortion effects, geometric effects or go into Filters unlimited and have fun with it.
    Fran
 

No comments:

Post a Comment