Thursday, October 22, 2015

Making Lace Masks with Muras

OK – you’ve seen the way I’ve used lace motifs using Mura Meister copies.  I’m attaching a couple of tubes for you to play with. One has 2 motifs the other 3.
“Copies” has so many shapes you can make it arrange.  Here are a few guides to help you do it.
  1. First make a new image say 800 x 600 with a black background.Put your motif on a new layer and resize it to what you think will work.(and it works best if your motif is white)
  2. Go to Mura Meister copies and play around with the settings – you only need to touch 2 of the settings – see below.
All you need to do is find a shape for it to follow and then adjust the number of motifs so that they are a reasonable distance apart – I find just overlapping works best for me.
HERE are the lace files
                                                                           
4.    When you have the shape you want merge the layers and use it as a mask.
I used my favorite gold pattern on a black background here and put the misted image between the layers so that I could erase the parts of the scene that got in the way!
Have fun
Fran
--
--

No comments:

Post a Comment