Fabulous Ding Fonts
This tutorial is similar
to the one I wrote about script fonts. In this tutorial you will be using,
what we call, "ding" fonts. Fonts that have elements in them, not letters.
There are many free ding fonts on the internet. I suggest you find one
that you could use for your own personal collection. It is addictive, let
me warn you. I have so many ding fonts!! Ok, lets get going.
For tutorial purposes, I am supplying a font that will be used in the tutorial,plus a gold gradient I created.
Supplies
Supplies
1. Install your
font. Place the gradient in your PSP Patterns folder. Create a new image of 500x300 pixels. Flood with black.
(Makes it easier to see your work)
2. In your color
palette, make both foreground and background white.
3. Set your text
tool to 100, width 1 . Type the letter N. Object: Align: Center in
Canvas. Convert to raster layer.
4. Making sure you
are on the raster layer that has your typed letter, so to Selections: Select
All: Float: Defloat. Do not deselect.
5. Go to Effects:
Texture: Sculpture Find your RRGoldGradient and use these settings:
Size 100, Smoothness 10,
Depth 3, Ambience 0, Shininess 45, Color white, Angle 315, Intensity 30,
Elevation 57
Do Not deselect yet
6. Go to Effects: 3d
Effects: Outer Bevel and use these settings:
Bevel 1, Width 8,
Smoothness 0, Depth 20, Ambience 0, Shininess 0, Color white, Angle 315,
Intensity 50, Elevation 30
I wanted a more pronounced bevel, so I went to Eye Candy, Impact, Bevel and played with the settings.
Click ok and deselect.
You now have this:
You can add a gem to this,
if you desire, then close the black background and merge visible. Save as
a psp, psd or png image. Now you have a lovely corner. But your
imagination should run wild. Look at what else you can do with dings....
In the examples below,
numbers one two and three show the difference when you use 1, 2 or NO width in
your foreground palette. Play around and you'll be amazed at what you can
get with these dings.







No comments:
Post a Comment